Temporary Approval to offer Online Real Time Trainings
In response to the social distancing required as part of COVID-19 prevention and mitigation, the Vermont Child Development Division has temporarily authorized approved sponsors of professional development in Vermont to offer trainings to early childhood and afterschool professionals in real time via online methods.
- The training must be offered by an approved sponsor (with a signed agreement on file with Northern Lights at CCV), the Vermont Agency of Education, the Vermont Agency of Human Services, or a Vermont public school or supervisory union.
- Training must be offered using technology that allows participants to engage in the training using BOTH video and audio (e.g. Zoom, GoToMeeting, etc.). Consider technology that allows for participation using a smartphone app as well as participation from a computer with webcam and microphone.
- Every effort should be made to support training participants’ engagement in the training using both video and audio. If the technology tools available to the participant do not allow for both video and audio participation, participants will still be able to obtain training hours for audio-only participation in the training.
- Approved sponsors must continue to complete all requirements of the sponsor system including submitting trainings to Northern Lights for entry into BFIS, documenting and submitting attendance, and using appropriately credentialed instructors.
- Sponsors are responsible for ensuring that all participants listed on the attendance submitted to Northern Lights successfully participated in the online training. The two ways to appropriately verify successful participation are for the approved sponsor to:
- Attend the real time online training and verify which individuals participated in the training
- Designate a representative to attend the real time online training and verify which individuals participated in the training