Higher Education


You may need to complete specific coursework, certificates, credentials, or an academic degree from a college, university, or accredited institution to move forward on your career pathway.

Many colleges have flexible offerings of online, in person, or hybrid classes – be sure to carefully consider your professional development needs when selecting your courses. At many colleges, you do not have to be enrolled in a degree program to enroll in college courses. Talk with a college advisor, and/or find coursework for the upcoming semester on the college’s website.

View our resources for more information on getting your transcripts, and to research colleges and universities with programs of study for early childhood and/or afterschool professionals. Some colleges are approved to recommend for teacher licensure through the Vermont Agency of Education. If you have questions about college coursework and what counts toward your professional requirements, please contact Northern Lights.