The Bright Futures Information System (BFIS) is a data management system operated by the Child Development Division of the Department for Children and Families. Northern Lights at CCV helps professionals understand and use their BFIS Quality and Credential Accounts. The CDD website offers tutorials and other guides to help you find and use your BFIS account.
If you work in a regulated child care program, you are required to use a BFIS Quality and Credential Account. It is your online space to track information about your career including:
- Work experience;
- Completed degrees and coursework;
- Education in process;
- Certificates and credentials;
- Individual Professional Development Plans (IPDP);
- Training/workshop attendance;
- Copies of transcripts, resumes, and educator licenses.
In your BFIS Quality and Credential Account you can:
- Create, update, and print your IPDP;
- View and print the trainings and workshops you have attended; and
- See which college courses Northern Lights at CCV has verified as “related credit”.
You can only add training and education information into your account by sending it to Northern Lights at CCV – our staff will verify and enter your documents into your account.
Find Your Path and Stay on Track
Use the Resources on this page to find the documents you need to submit your qualified training and education experience to Northern Lights at CCV.
If you need support finding the resources you need, please contact us for further assistance.