If you work in the early childhood or afterschool professional field, you are required to create an Individual Professional Development Plan (IPDP) to show that you reflect upon and plan your professional skills, knowledge, and development. We recommend that you enter your IPDP into your BFIS Quality and Credential Account online to streamline the process (follow the instructions on each form). Paper formats will also be accepted.
Your IPDP will include four parts:
- Strategies and resources for each goal
- Timeline for each goal
The purpose of an IPDP is to help you meet:
- Child care program regulations;
- Program quality requirements (STARS);
- Requirements for NAEYC accreditation, the Agency of Education, or Head Start;
- Requirements for a Career Level certificate or early childhood or afterschool credentials;
- And/or requirements for a grant, scholarship, or other funding from the Child Development Division.
Find Your Path and Stay on Track
Use the Resources on this page to find:
- Tutorials, tips and self-assessment tools for creating your IPDP
- IPDP forms/formats
- Sample IPDPs
- Links and information to submit your completed IPDP
If you need support finding the resources you need, please contact us for further assistance.