Vermont’s Unified Training Criteria (effective 7/1/22) require that a training organization meets quality criteria, training documentation meets verification criteria, and training design meets content criteria.
Some training organizations automatically meet quality criteria and their trainings can count toward training hours in Vermont. These organizations include:
- IACET-accredited training organizations
- Institutions of Higher Education (IHEs) or affiliated organizations
- Northern Lights-approved sponsors
- Agency of Education, Agency of Human Services, and Vermont public and independent schools
Any other training organizations need to be reviewed and approved by Northern Lights to ensure they meet the Unified Training Criteria. If you find a training organization that you believe meets the criteria but is not listed below, please contact Northern Lights for support.
If you are interested in becoming an approved training organization recognized in Vermont, please visit this link to submit your Request for Approval.
Approved Training Organizations
Northern Lights reviews training organizations to ensure they meet criteria then lists them on the Northern Lights website. See below for the list of training organizations currently approved in Vermont.
Please Note: Northern Lights is working on a searchable database listing approved training organizations. Until the database is complete, all approved training organizations are listed alphabetically below. This list is updated weekly.
- AIR Training Solutions
- Bertelsen Education
- Better Kid Care
- IMPORTANT: State-specific trainings for any state other than Vermont do not count toward training hours and do not meet the orientation requirement. Click Here for more information about meeting the Vermont orientation requirement.
- SPECIAL NOTE: For the Vermont Orientation offered by Better Kid Care, you do not need to submit a certificate to Northern Lights, but you must be sure to enter your BFIS Quality and Credential account number when you create an account – otherwise we cannot credit you for your orientation.
- Building Blocks for Literacy
- Care Courses
- Child Care Lounge
- Child Care Resources Inc.
- ChildCare Education Institute
- continue ed
- Cox Campus
- Cypherworx (Out of School Time Modules)
- IMPORTANT: Only the 36 Out of School Time numbered workshop modules are approved in Vermont
- Devereux Center for Resilient Children (Flip It)
- IMPORTANT: Only the course titled “FLIP IT! Online Course Competency Certificate” is approved in Vermont. Be sure you select the correct course.
- Early Care Evolution
- Early Childhood Investigations Webinars
- Note: Both live and recorded webinars meet Unified Training Criteria. Trainings may be completed with or without CEUs and will still meet criteria.
- Early Sprouts
- ePyramid Model Modules
- Approved ePyramid Module courses: Infant Toddler ePyramid Model Package, Preschool ePyramid Model Package, Birth-Five ePyramid Model Package, Trauma-Informed Care & the Pyramid Model, Wellness: Taking Care of Yourself, Culturally Responsive Practices to Reduce Implicit Bias, Disproportionality, Suspension & Expulsion
- FEMA (Preparedness for Child Care Providers)
- Head Start Early Childhood Learning and Knowledge Center
- IMPORTANT: To count toward Advanced Specialized Care training criteria, you must submit completion certificates for all modules together in one batch to Northern Lights.
- Housman Institute
- Note: A syllabus is included in the training. Please include syllabus when submitting certificate of completion to Northern Lights at CCV.
- H&H Child Care Training Center LLC
- In Safe Hands
- The Institute for Education and Professional Development (IEPD)
- Kids Included Together
- McCormick Center for Early Childhood Leadership
- Note: Please submit BOTH completion certificate and McCormick Center State Specific Information page when submitting documentation to Northern Lights at CCV for PD hours.
- Professional Development Program (PDP) Early Childhood Education and Training Program
- Trainings specific to NY, e.g., Introduction to the New York State Child Day Care Regulations do not meet Vermont professional development hours. Trainings on Medication Administration, Emergency Preparedness, and Mandated Reporter do not meet Vermont regulation requirements.
- ProSolutions Training
- Quorum Learning
- IMPORTANT: For SafeGard Classes Online courses to be verified in Vermont, you must submit the certificate of completion AND a description of the learning outcomes to Northern Lights.
- S.E.E.D. and Sew
- Smart Horizons
- Starr Commonwealth
- The following Starr Commonwealth trainings are approved for professional development hours: Trauma-Informed Resilient Schools, Healing Trauma & Restoring Resilience in Schools, Resetting for Resilience, Structured Sensory Interventions II, Children of Trauma and Resilience; Trauma-Informed, Resilience-Focused Assessment and Differential Diagnosis
- Successful Solutions
- Teaching Strategies
- Think Small Institute
- Universal Class
- IMPORTANT: Early Childhood Development 101 is the only training at Universal Class that counts toward annual training requirements in Vermont
- Vermont Child Nutrition Trainings
- Note: CACFP online trainings are open to CACFP programs only
- Vermont Child Welfare Training Partnership
- Note: Please include a copy of training description and/or learning outcomes with certificate of completion.
- Vermont Online Mandated Reporter Training
- Watch Me! Celebrating Milestones and Sharing Concerns
- Youth Development Institute (YDI) Courses
- IMPORTANT: Vermont Afterschool uses some of these modules as part of the Afterschool Essentials training course. Certificates from YDI courses must indicate that the individual has earned at least an 80% score to be verified in VT.
- Youth Development U.
- ZERO TO THREE