These days, smartphones have lots of uses. One lesser known, relatively new use is PDF scanning. Basically, you take a picture of each page of your document and your phone will convert the pictures to PDF documents that you can then download and send or save as you wish.
See below for instructions on how to scan documents with your iPhone or Android phone.
- Open Notes and select a note or create a new one.
- Tap Camera button to start scanning a document in Notes, then tap Scan document icon.
- Place your document in view of the camera.
- If your device is in Auto mode, your document will automatically scan. If you need to manually capture a scan, tap the Shutter button tap the Shutter button to scan or one of the Volume buttons. Then drag the corners to adjust the scan to fit the page, then tap Keep Scan.
- Tap Save or add additional scans to the document.
For more information, visit this link: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210336
(If you don’t have a Google account or don’t use Google Drive, ignore the instructions below and go to your Play Store app. There are lots of scanning apps in the Play Store, such as “Simple Scanner.”)
- Open the Google Drive app.
- In the bottom right, tap Add.
- Tap Scan.
- Take a photo of the document you’d like to scan.
- Adjust scan area: Tap Crop.
- Take photo again: Tap Re-scan current page.
- Scan another page: Tap Add.
- To save the finished document, tap Done.
For more information, visit this link: https://support.google.com/drive/answer/3145835?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en
Once you save your documents as PDFs and attach a completed and signed Verification Cover Sheet to them, they are ready to send to Northern Lights! Email any professional development documents to email@example.com with your name and BFIS number in the subject line.
If you have any questions or need support, contact your region’s Resource Advisor, which you can find here: https://northernlightsccv.org/about-us/contact-us/